Need time out? Fancy a weekend away? Forgot To book for Mum's birthday?
If you are a current tertiary student and have an
ISIC card, you can fly the skies for a special student price. We
recognise that students now face increasing study and living costs and as a
result, we have developed a special range of fares especially for the tertiary
student. Chatham Pacific new Student StandBy fares could be just the thing for
StandBy For The Fares..
The Chatham Pacific Student StandBy fares listed below
are valid inboth directions, inclusive of all taxes and levies and are valid
as at October 2007. Fares are per sector. Fares for indirect flights must be calculated by combining fare for each
All fares shown are in and are valid from October 2005.
|This Port - That Port
||That far Port - This Port**
** Indicates fare for direct flights.
Ready To Fly Student StandBy?
- You can fly Student StandBy to any direct sector on the Chatham Pacific
network. Student StandBy seats are limited only by the number of spare seats
available on a flight, subject to aircraft weight restrictions.
- Check in with Chatham Pacific airport staff at least 45 minutes prior to
scheduled departure to present your valid ISIC, current tertiarty university ID
and photo identification cards.
- Student StandBy is available on a walk-up basis only. Seats cannot be held
under any circumstances.
- Student StandBy fares apply to single sector journeys only.
This is because there is no guarantee a spare seat will be available at through
ports, and we don't want to see you stranded!
- Students will need to present their current authentic ISIC Card and current
Tertiary Institute identification as verification of eligibility for StandBy
travel. Please visit your nearest STA Travel branch to purchase an ISIC Card or
visit STA Travel's website for more details.
- Payment for Student StandBy travel is to be made at the airport prior to
departure. All ports are able to accept credit card, cheque and cash payment.
- Confirmed fare paying passengers take priority over Student StandBy
passengers. This applies both at check-in and in regard to final acceptance for
travel. Student StandBy passengers will be offloaded before confirmed
fare-paying passengers and checked baggage or freight. Student StandBy fares
are not transferable or refundable.
Student StandBy Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is The Price Of Chatham Pacific Student StandBy Airfares?
the Chatham Pacific Student StandBy fare schedule posted on this site. Please
note that prices are subject to change without notice.
- Can I Fly Anywhere On The Chatham Pacific Network With Student StandBy?
- Can I Travel On Indirect Flights Using Chatham Pacific StandBy?
No. This is because we can't guarantee a spare seat will be available at
thru ports, and we don't want to see you getting stranded somewhere!
- Do I Have To Be A Full-Time Tertiary Student With A Valid ISIC Card To
Fly Chatham Pacific Student StandBy?
Yes. Chatham Pacific Student StandBy
is only available to persons that meet the above criteria who provide a valid
full-time tertiary student identity card and a valid ISIC card.
- Where Can I Purchase An ISIC Card From?
From any STA travel
outlet. You will be required to provide proof of identity and proof that you are
a full-time tertiary student. Visit
STA Travel's website for more detials on the ISIC card.
- Where Do I Purchase An Chatham Pacific Student StandBy
Payment is made at the time of travel at the relevant Origin
Pacific check-in counter.
- How Long Prior To Departure Do I Need To Be At The Chatham Pacific
Check-In Counter To Be Eligible For Student StandBy?
You need to be at
the Chatham Pacific check-in counter at least 45 minutes prior to the departure
of the flight you seek to travel on.
- How Can I Pay For An Chatham Pacific Student StandBy
Payment must be made at the time of travel using credit card or
cash. Additionally, EFTPOS may be used at Origin check-in counters in Auckland,
Christchurch, Nelson and Wellington.
- Are Chatham Pacific Student StandBy Fares Transferable?
- Are Chatham Pacific Student StandBy Airfares Flexible Or Refundable?
No. An Chatham Pacific Student Standby airfare can't be changed or refunded
once it's been purchased. However, if the flight for which the StandBy fare is
purchased for any reason does not travel, or if a previously available seat
becomes unavailable, the Student StandBy fare will be refunded.
- Can Flights Be Booked In Advance Using The Chatham Pacific Student StandBy
No Student StandBy fares are walk up airfares which means
they are only for standby flying.
- Are Chatham Pacific Student StandBy Seats Limited Per Flight?
Chatham Pacific Student StandBy seats are limited only by the number of spare
seats available, subject to aircraft weight restrictions.
- Are There Any Other Terms Of Carriage For Chatham Pacific Student
All standard Chatham Pacific terms of carriage apply.
- What Happens If I Lose My Chatham Pacific Student StandBy Boarding
Treat your Chatham Pacific Student StandBy boarding pass as though
it were cash. Chatham Pacific is under no obligation to replace lost Student
Standby boarding passes.